2006/08/16

"men"

Japanese men are incredibly feminine by North American standards, or so I've noticed.
Of course, this only applies to the current young generation, as the older generations are more traditional.

All japanese male youth have perfectly shaped eyebrows as a result of tweezing and waxing. They also take extremely good care of their skin, and carry handbags instead of backpacks because it's more convenient. It is also commonplace here to wax any leg and facial here, if you're a guy. Fashion is also significantly more feminine than in America, which is proving to be a most interesting experience for me.

And women are more-or-less the same.

Now to find me some Yakuza...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have your site on Google reader, which "sends" me the latest post, but only shows the url when you click on the post link. i guess each blogger has his/her own writing style for i knew it was yours when i read it!

by the way, you're in japan? :)

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha... really? Is my writing style really that unique? :)

Yah, I'll be in Japan 'til the 24th. Then it's off to work for me in the dreary realm of the adult world. :(