2005/01/31

大英帝国

A while ago, someone insisted on trying to define me as being either republican or conservative (as if those are the only two types of people in the world).
Having recovered from the shock since then, I've found that if anything I'm imperialist. Yes, I know it wasn't a perfect system, French revolution, blahblahblah, but I think in some important senses it has the potential to work better than our current goverments of trend.
And why? Because power was centralized. Because only one individual had the authority to make things happen. (of course, the next step would be making sure that this one person did make the right things happen). Unlike now. Decisions made by far too many people. The problem with that is that the majority aren't informed about everything and therefore aren't really in a position to make the best decisions regarding the governing of any given nation.
I'd make this more essay-ish, but I just woke up and I'm listening to french music right now.. (weird, I know.) It's uhh.... L'amitié by François Hardy. ...at least, that's what it says in my mp3 info. yey. Go parisian French.
Speaking of which, so many languages to learn, and so little mental capacity....
m'eh. As long as I'm having fun, right?

No comments: