2008/02/25

Too Rich for Words

This is too funny.

Yesterday afternoon, my prof sends an email to our class, telling us about a plot summary he's posted on the course website (probably predicting accurately that none of us have bothered to read the book over reading week).

From experience, I tend to prefer online notes, if only because they know how to justify text, and play with margin settings. My dear of prof, on the other hand, will use a million spaces to get a word onto the next line.

So, I naturally drift to sparknotes.com, the seemingly staple for student research. I read their synopsis, then later go to the course website and download the .doc of the prof's summary. It was exactly the same.

Now, one could generously assume that the professor made a contribution to sparknotes.com, lending the site a bit more credibility, but knowing the prof, I'm willing to guess that he probably just pulled the summary from the website, pasted it into MS Word, and then posted that onto the course website.

Seems like a full novel though; I'll have to properly read it this week...

I always try to end these posts with a fun fact, but nothing's coming to mind at 7:51am. Oh well. Oh! I know! I'm getting a laptop this week! Brand-new from Dell. Inspiron 1525. With a fancy, swirly pattern instead of the dull monochrome colours. Even if solid colours *do* make the laptop look more professional. lalala...

1 comment:

rinabear said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.