2005/05/23

Flutter

Bah. Just when I think I'm getting over a crush, that person has to come back and act really sweet again. Let's just hope that this relationship blossoms into a beautiful flower.
Other random thoughts:

It feels good to deposit large amounts of money into the bank.
This is something I experienced recently, as I deposited some stuff that I didn't know I had lying around. And I only did it out of necessity. But on Wednesday I have an interview. Which will hopefully lead to a job. Which would then lead to large sums of money at the end of the month, which in turn would once again satisfy this good feeling of going to the bank.

Love isn't everything.
Too often, and certainly in the media, there is this concept that love is all one needs, that it's the ultimate in life, etc, etc, blah blah blah. Well, it isn't. Especially if we're going with the contemporary definition of love. That sort of love is more like a sort of viscous psychic sludge that numbs the mind and renders one senseless. (So really, it's more like a toxin.) I'm not saying it's nothing, but it's just stupid to give up everything for this natural narcotic. And the side effects are worse. (Brave New World, anyone?)

Self-Image vs. Self-Conscious
We all have an idea of what or who we are, and we also have an idea of how others see us. (These two images are usually slightly different, but relatively close.) There is, however, yet another image: how we *want* to be, or how we want others to see us. Which leads to my personally twisted sense of beauty and list of "to be accomplished" things.

Eternal vs. Ephermeral Beauty
As mortals I guess we're in love with the idea of infinity, and as God, I guess he's kinda perked by the finite. And if a being as infinite as God is interested in something as short-lived and finite as us humans, there's gotta be something worth looking at in ourselves. We should stop obsessing over things that will last throughout the ages and try to appreciate the things that happen in our lives, especially the things that happen only once. The old cherish their youth because it was so long ago. Some brief relationships(whether they're friendships, kinships, etc) are beautiful for their brevity.

Pears Aren't Filling
If you're hungry at midnight, pears aren't the way to go. They fill your stomach and leave you still hungry, which is a nasty feeling to have. I now feel bloated and hungry at the moment, a most unnatural and uncomfortable combination.

Never Play Word Games When You're Tired/Jetlagged
I lost so many times because my brain wasn't working properly. At its high, I couldn't even read. I thought "carpenting" wasn't a word, and figured the person meant "carpeting". Yah, I'm so smart. S-M-R-T.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's play again soon! That word game was fun! Father OKed me taking the car while they are gone for three weeks, so me and 姉 will have a fast means of transportation.

雪の物語 said...

Good try there, Joseph, with the "brain too tired" excuse ^ ^.

And as for "Love isn't everything" - I am curious to explore how true that is biologically (being the non-religious person that I am, I won't assume that there is more to humans than biology, or at least I won't assume it at my starting point). I'll let you know if I come across anything worth sharing.
Anime sure isn't helping when it comes to making yourself accept the idea that love, indeed, isn't everything.

Siding with what 弟 said, let's play again soon!

Anonymous said...

"carpenting" isn't a word. Maybe you're thinking "carpentering", the act of being a carpenter?

Joseph said...

I don't know what I was thinking at the time (owing to my general fatigue and temporal disorientation), but the word presented to me was most definitely "carpenting". Looking back on it now, I guess the person meant carpentry.