2004/06/27

Culture

. . .So I've been feeling a bit in the cultured mood this weekend. Got a reasonable amount of sleep, a nice break from Waterloo, and did some chinese calligraphy (with the brush), and also composed a few short poems, Tang-shi style. Only one am I particularly fond of though. The other three after my initial success seem to get progressively poor in quality... Granted, I wrote them during a state of unrest - at around 2:00am when I, for some reason, simply couldn't fall asleep. But yay! Writing's always fun to do. My mother's been kind enough to help look them over and point out anything that doesn't sound natural or doesn't flow eloquantly enough in the Chinese language. (Seeing as how I only know about 1800 characters, out of the minimum literacy level of 4500 characters, one might surmise that my poems would get awfully repetitive after a while...)
. . .But I guess this'll encourage me to learn more words. And stuff. Yes, Chinese is lotsa fun. Such a curious language too...

No comments: