2004/07/08

Flow

. . .I had the most extraordinary nosebleed yesterday. And just when I was about to head to class. Oh, the irony. So anyways, this river of blood just comes flowing forth from my small left nostril, and so I rush to the washroom to try to clog it with some tissue -- the asian way. Only after two minutes, I notice that the tissue is getting really heavy and it sorta falls out on its own. And all the blood that was being blocked up until that point starts pouring forth with vigor. So I rush back to the washroom and just sorta lean over the sink for a while, letting the blood flow. and flow. and flow.
flow.
. . .Anyways, at some point I start having some visibility problems with my left eye and so I rub it. But as the blood continues to flow, my left eye remains irritated. I look up into the mirror and see that my left eye is now crying blood, which was clouding up my contact lens. So I awkwardly took out, washed and returned my contacts into their case while avoiding that constant stream of life that betrayed me. Oh, treacherous vitae! But because I had now changed my position, the bloodflow sorta shifted too, so it started pouring out of both nostrils. Ah, what a sight.
. . .If only I had a camera. That one shot when I looked into the mirror could have been used (with a proper caption) to have made quite the statement. But alas, I have no cybernetic implants. Or techie friends on hand. But that image will probably remain with me for a while. And I'll always have my sketchbook. Mmm... red marker... :P
. . .Anyways, I obviously ended up missing class, and I probably lost a good litre of blood... I was feeling rather weak for the rest of the day. But I had Japanese TAing that evening... Wednesdays are always fun.

No comments: