2004/07/26

Vigilance

. . .This weekend was relatively fun.  Friday evening I did ... ... A whole lot of nothing.  *thinking*  I was up 'til 7:00am doing God-knows-what.  I don't even remember anymore... But it wasn't terribly productive.  Finishing a series, maybe.  Only one person stayed online and kept me semi-company, which was kinda cool, but...
. . .Woke up on Saturday at 9:30am.  Extraordinary, considering the fact that I simply did not get enough sleep.  I blame the sun.  It's always that curséd flaming ball in the sky.  Anywhoo, I did another whole lot of nothing 'til around 9:00pm, at which point I left for Air's place on campus.  Did some studying there... sorta.  Managed to make him half-study Japanese inbetween Calculus.  Which is something I'd just like to forget.  Or the University part of it anyways.  Math itself is always somewhat fascinating.  We get to prove silly things like for any positive integer k, the number 8k-1 can never be expressed as a sum of three squares.  (e.g. a²+b²+c²)  It's an elegant proof, but I've yet to see this little mathematical nugget applied in the real world.
. . .Aaaanyways... We then did some piano-hopping, then ended up at my place, at which point I think we tried to do some more work.  He managed to do some Calc in any case, while I did some number theory.  Not sure if I got one of the questions right 'cuz I solved it highschool-style, which I'm sure is legit, but he probably wanted us to solve it using some more advanced math crunching machines... Crashed at around 6:00am, while he was playing FF7 on the computer.................
. . .Next morning, I woke up at 9:30am.  Again, because of the sun.  Curséd sun.  Meanwhile, Air slept semi-soundly, though I felt bad that he was using his backpack as a pillow... If only I had an extra blanket... Anywhoo, I somehow got the urge to find some hilarious flash movies that were shown to me in my frosh term.  Though you really gotta be in the mood.  It's definitely not something I'd always find funny.  But it has its fair share of American wit.  And I spent about my first hour just going through them all.... there's three sites for your viewing pleasure, all equally hilarious:
www.makingfiends.com
www.big-bunny.com
www.muffinfilms.com <- this was the one that was shown to me last year.  The previous two were made by the same hand, but I think they were made later.  Anyways, go through the eps and enjoy!  The randomness is just pure gold!
. . .*ahem* Right.  So ehh... Air finally stirred at around noon, and I tried feeding him food.  But being a University student who barely ventures into the kitchen, I didn't really have much to offer... ^^; But yah.  We managed to study, I took an hour nap at like, 4:00pm, then did some more computer fun.  Integrals, whee!  Photoshop + tablet, double whee!  It's amazing that I was able to stay awake for so long this weekend.  It might have partly been because of the presence of another human; can't really sleep in the presence of others.  Anywhoo, Air took his leave at around 2:00am, at which point I just simply collapsed on my bed.  ...And woke up this morning at 8:30am.  Damnéd solar source of shine... Made my wake-up call at 9:00, and now just lazing about in 'cyberspace' until noon... ...And I guess thus concludes my weekend.  I barely have anything to show for it, except maybe that my excess in sloth should be some sort of cause for concern to prompt me to go into hyper-gear and start mass-producing stuff for my deadlines.  Must..keep... eyes... open... I'm still tired... :'(  And I'm *positive* that I'm going to fall asleep in class again...

No comments: