2004/07/11

Tamed

. . .Someone once said that I spewed things that others couldn't hope to conceive in a lifetime. That was five years ago. Now I don't spew anymore, but I wonder if it's because of a drop in mental activity, or a sign of maturity.
. . .Am I simply calmed from my former years of juvenille frustration, or has something slain my spirit? Being a pauper certainly has its drawbacks. And I always did find an appreciation for chaos. It may be less organized, but it allows one more suceptible to a wider range of ideas and concepts. Afterall, logic is a man-made construct. Most religions call us to love, not rationalize. To help the needy, not be pragmatic.
. . .I used to be so obsessed with intelligence etc. Wanted to be a Mensa member. My friends believed I could, and one eventually did become a Mensan. I took the test the same time he did, but I didn't do so great in the language section. I won't go into the details of my results because although they were impressive, they weren't good enough for Mensa. And this is from an age when I still actively studied whatever I wanted.
. . .Truely, it is true that one should cherish one's youth. For Time stops for no man. And although intelligence is apparently not my redeeming quality, surely there must be something in this world that's perfect for me. Linguistics? Or actual communication?
. . .Guh. No time to think; gotta work... Ah, the cruel truth of living in this modern world that we've created for ourselves.

No comments: