2004/09/08

Illusionist

. . .I just had the strangest dream. I dreamt that I was in some sort of cult meeting; they claimed to be christians but some of their philosophy was so wrong... (the trading of spiritual gifts!? and other such blasphemy). Realizing that I was now in trouble I tried running away... I managed to sneak out, but I forgot my bag in that room (it was being held in a meeting room in a highschool. Sorta like a cross between MC and Earl Haig). On the way out I passed by David McKinnon, my number theory prof, and for some reason I wasn't wearing contacts or glasses. I asked if he could get my bag for me to which he willingly obliged. (maybe my glasses were in my bag...?)
. . .But as his explanation, he said sth. in German, which tipped off the leader cult guy that I had run away. (for some reason I was able to know this in my dream... maybe I had several gifts or sth.) So away I run (with glasses and a bag) out of the building, down a very steep hill and only some paved walkway with students. As I run, a man in a dark jacket and black clothes seems to streak down from the sky in an aura of purple, landing onto the path and walking normally. Suddenly one of my 'gifts' of 'insight' told me that those kinds of ppl (ppl who could fly) were called illusionists because in the 1600's medical science of the Elizabethan court remarked that these flying men seemed almost asleep. So, once knowing this, I tried to induce myself into a half-sleep state of conciousness so that I might be able to fly away. In my attempts I was able to slightly hover, and I was also able to skew my vision so that I could see lines of energy (the trails which ppl with 'gifts' have walked recently), but I don't think I managed to properly fly away. And then, I woke up.
. . .One of the thoughts I had was whether my dream was accurate; was Queen Elizabeth in the 1600's? I think not; she was closer to the end of the 1700's, no? Or am I thinking of Victoria? But anyways, that was my dream. (There's no way pyrokinesis is a christian spiritual gift, right?) :S

No comments: