2005/02/12

Happiness

There's a joy you experience with your family, a joy with your friends, a joy in life... So many types of joy in the world. I've finally found some semblances of joy here in UW. Unfortuantely, I'm also hypersensitive, so these sorts of joys tend to be short-lived. But I think that there's a certain joy that I've found by being with a certain someone that won't be as short-lived as the rest. At the same time, I'm usually really bad at predicting these sorts of things.
I'm NOT going to go into what I think love is, or what love means to me. Because there are plenty of other people in the world who do that already. But I will say that I've finally found someone outside of highschool who shares a great many interests and certain ideals. Joy... Beauty. Eternity isn't the only beauty in the world. In saying thus, I think that even though I'm unable to remain friends with everybody forever, those small windows of time in which we shared amicability are small gems in the otherwise dull scheme of my life. Bigger isn't always better. Sometimes the friendship was beautiful because it was short. (not to say that I go around trying to cut short my relationships. ) Just that I don't try to make all my relationships last when clearly some of them aren't meant to.
Feelings cloud judgement, but they give such flavour to life. Finding the balance is the real trick... ...and now I'm ranting. Gotta get up early tomorrow for Toronto...

No comments: