2005/02/21

NG

Nobility and Gentility. I just saw My Fair Lady, and Pretty Women. Ah, such good movies. Reminds of one of the single reasons why I'm an imperialist; they at least had a concept of morality, gentility and nobility. Unlike the common youth of today who regard anything vulgar or tasteless as amusing, and anything classy or tasteful as pretentious.
Totally unrelated, but another thing that bugs me is people who claim to be something when they clearly have no grounds to claim them in the first place. (e.g. "I'm very humble!") But also people who clearly lack a maturity of thought and action who claim to have the depths to know what it means to love, to hurt, to live. One such fellow, whom I've had the misfortune of becoming acquainted, endevours to stake the claim that he is "evil", as if he had a concept of what evil really is. To him did I (indirectly) retort: "The evil of idiocy cannot compare to the malice of intelligence".
I find that in his mind, being "evil" singlely consists of the feeling of darkness, or hatred. Also being an exemplary example of a typical brutish male, his lack of depth of thought disallows him to conceive, contrive or concoct any acts of malice which would extend beyond the immediate and overt act of violence, whether physical or verbal.
Semi-articulate hate-rant today. With this level of fractional-clarity of thought, I just may make progress on one of my numerous outstanding essays (some of which had been promised to be completed up to a year ago).

2 comments:

asynchro said...

man... what a pretentious post ;-

Anonymous said...

Yeah, My Fair Lady is classic! Of course I agree with you that mainstream stuff is getting more and more vulgar (which one could argue is b/c of the paradox of supply and demand of vulgar material) but then there are people who are fighting the good fight against it!
Fight on, brother! Fight on!

But imperialism....really?...