2003/08/11

Guuhh...

. . .First blog since returning to Toronto. Lotsa stuff happened, all which'll get posted at another time. I've just been traveling for a good, solid, consecutive 24 hours, so I'm feeling a bit ill... (that and it's 2:09am in Japan right now)
. . .Which means, of course, yes, I made it! :D Public transit is just like Paris; crazy exchange thingys, differing train companies in the same city, etc. But here, on the Shinkansen, you get to reserve seats for a specific train; it's almost like an airplane on the ground! Ahaha... I had lotsa fun on the Shinkansen. The schedules here are freakishly precise; down to the minute. And they play weird circus music instead of the three-chord chime that every Torontonian is accustomed to. And the public phones here take quite some getting used to. It doesn't ring properly; so wrong... Got too many options; I was very confused at first. Well, more to come when I've more energy...

No comments: