2003/08/17

Happy, Happy

Heh. I'm happy again. (doesn't take a lot to make me happy from depression... does this make me emotionally shallow?) Hmm... Aaaannyways. Yah, gonna go to Kyoto today! :D Gonna see the Golden Pavilion and some other temple... which means I'll get to take pictures and stuff. And I went to Kariya the other day; got to see Kamiya-sensei. She was sooo nice to me! (paid for everything... and wouldn't let me pay... T_T) Claimed it was payback for when she was in Toronto and I accompanied her to the ROM, U of T, etc.
^_^ My physical diary has so much more detail, but I promised myself not to spend all my time on the internet here so that I can maximize my time exploring Japan. :D *grimaces* The Japanese here still use gas-stoves; I can smell it from some other apartment in this building... (is my sense of smell sensitive? or is it like my hearing; only 'efficient'? In any case, I pick up far more than the average bear...)
I haven't been getting as many stares as I thought I would... though it's probably because I was with my gaijin friend... (In Asia, an asian guy with long hair doesn't seem to attract quite the same amount of attention as a red-haired white guy wearing a Yukata (kinda like a kimono...only significantly less formal and worn during evening festivals, etc). Ehehe...
Nothing *funny* has happened to me yet... but we'll see.... Well, I almost got lost on the trains trying to get to Kariya from Kizu (an incredibly small town with next-to-nothing). The people and stores here are a lot more clean than Taiwan and HK. ^__^ If only I had the same intuitive grasp of the Japanese language that I do on Mandarin/Cantonese...
Well, anyways, shouldn't spend too much time here... until next time~

No comments: