2003/07/18

氣死我了

. . .Well, no problems anymore, but last night, I couldn't log onto MSN, hotmail, any livejournal.com site, or blogger.com. *fumes* ^^;
. . .There was so much I wanted to write yesterday, but now that I've slept, most of it is forgotten. *sigh* Feverishly trying to finish typing up my second draft for translation so that I can finally start editing (and adding footnotes galore). I also may have some reservations about tomorrow; I'm not sure exactly where I stand. But I hope everything works out for the best.
. . .Speaking of tomorrow, Dragonboat! Lord, I hope it's free admission; the park'd be making a fortune off visitors alone who'd come to see the event. Meanwhile, more self-stuff to sort through... and future plans to finalize.
. . .Would it be better to study in Taiwan for a full 8 months, or just study there in the Winter term? There'd be 'so much' that I could do in the Autumn term; I'd have access to UT resources, and I could regularly bus to Waterloo to visit friends, etc. I might even be able to TA again. TA'ing is lotsa fun.
. . .Hmm... I wonder what kind of job I'd be able to get in Taiwan... Teaching English seems like such a common thing; it almost feels beneath my dignity to do something like that... (not like that's gonna stop me from applying, but anyways...) I'm sure I shouldn't bet on it; I should try to have more options open... But what else could I possibly do (with my current qualifications?) I don't yet have my undergraduate degree, nor do I have the 'look' of someone who'd know the English language more thoroughly and intricately than the greater majority of the Western world. But despite my Chinese genes, I'm hoping that my potential Taiwanese ethno-biased employers will be able to see beyond the surface.
. . .I finally get to go to Japan and freeload! Ahaha.. I'll still probably be dirt-poor at the end of the experience, but I'm hoping rather strongly that my Japanese will be able to improve tremendously while I'm there for those 3 weeks. It might be fun to look up an old friend while I'm there... Hmm... hope too many people won't think I'm Otaku just based on my hair. *wimpers*
. . .Well anyways, it's time I forged through with my translation... and gotta grab something to eat too...

No comments: