2003/07/30

開心沮喪

. . .^_^ Yesterday was fun. Spent more money than I could afford, and now I'm horribly in debt to a certain someone... *sighs* Got to meet two people though. They're both pretty 'interesting', a word that I've come to loathe. But yah. They were nice, and not at all what I expected. (though since I went in practically blind, it'd be hard for me to expect them to be any one way over another.)
. . .After lugging around my large bags, we visited Navi's HS, then went to lunch/dinner at some Korean-owned-and-operated Japanese restaurant. I think I had shrimp tempura on a bed of rice. (N4 on the menu.) :P Navi's sister had some assorted sushi something (served on an oddly shaped boat thing) while Navi and Kitch both had N3 (guhh... seafood Udon?)
. . .Afterwards, we (Navi and I) dumped our stuff at Kitch's place, before going to some comedy club thing in downtown Toronto. The comedy club was 'interesting'. Never before in my life had I heard the F-word used so many times in the same evening. Because we got there relatively early, we were seated right up front -- horror. The MC was pretty funny, but the rest were either quite disinteresting, drunk, or just plain base and vulgar. I knew that the comedians(if they can be called that) would probably play on the front row's reactions, a supposition I was definately not incorrect in assuming. The youngest one of them all had this beer in his hand the entire time; his speech was brash, slurred and incohesive at times. The main act turned out to be one of the most offensive, impolite people I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing. Her humour offended the British, the Queen, the learning-disabled, the Chinese as well as several specific audience members. If her idea of humour is just that -- tasteless, tactless, raunchy, conceptual humour, than I fear for the future of the entertainment industry. Compared to the comedy club I attended in England, this "Laugh resort" really would be a last resort, if one were THAT desperate for some humour.
. . .After the relatively embarrassing, offending, neck-cramping, mind-reeling experience which apparently Torontonians call 'humour', Navi, Kitch and I decided to go to the Paramount cinema downtown (about a something-minute walk from where-ever we were), while Navi's sister returned home (good call; I barely made it back home afterwards). The movie started at 11:00pm, and ended at 1:10am or so. We watched Tomb Raider II. Thanks to a certain gauche, tactless, socially-witless-and-clueless individual, I shall forever refuse to comment on my thoughts of the film. But sufficed to say, I was surprised to see some HK movie stars in the film (though they didn't play *major* roles).
. . .Making it to the subway at around 1:40am, I just barely caught the last train back to finch station, waited for the Finch bus 'til around 2:45am, and walked up VP until home, being greeted by my cat at around 3:15am. It was quite the little adventure home. The experience has taught me that it's not about curfew; it's about transportation availability. I'll be sure never to stay out past 1:00am ever again unless I have a car, or enough money for a taxi. It was worth it though, I'd like to think. Kitch and Navi's sister were a welcome change from the people I've been meeting through Navi up until now. ^_^
. . .And today is Wednesday.

No comments: