2003/07/29

語言深海

. . .*wails* I just got back from my ASL(American Sign Language) speaking test -- I got 75%. *sniffs* I suppose I should have studied harder. *sighs* Anyways... It feels like it's been such a long while since I last blogged; these last few days have been perilously hectic.
. . .Someone called me a sesquipedalianist. (well, in not so few words, but...) Heh. Am I? My English is definately more old-fashioned than the typical individual of my age group, though this might have something to do with the fact that I had the insane luck and coincidence to have all my English teachers retire the year after having me as a student (i.e. they were all older and taught in a conservative fashion). So there you have it. Born as a scion of a rather conservative and traditional family, raised and taught by the last few remaining purists of the English language, I've arrived at today as a frightfully non-conventional-run-of-the-mill post-teenager.
. . .Meanwhile, counting the minutes before student-friend is supposed to arrive; we're going to bus together to Toronto. (YAY!) I'll get to see my beloved cat again and get in contact with my family again. (Some idiot left the fax machine on. This fax machine is a good 10 years old or so, and thus I can't leave voice messages.)
. . .Well anyways, I'd best be logging off before student-friend arrives.

No comments: