2003/09/14

無茶苦茶

. . .Yesterday was pretty fun; got to meet up with a really cool girl from J-school. She's amazing at like, everything! She has a non-conventional but tasteful unique sense of fashion, she's very artistic, and also quite adept at learning languages (it's funny to hear us talk; we're constantly switching between English, Mandarin and Japanese). Clean too! (Very important trait -- can't stand dirty baboons. ...sorry Chen. =P j/kj/k~~) Ah, memories. Went to Fairview - a pretty western mall, because apparently, I'd miss all things western once I've lived in Taiwan for several weeks. After returning home (which was about 6:00pm), I played some piano then did some doodling in my sketchbook, then sorta drifted to sleep on the couch in the living room.......... just to miss dinner and wake up at 5:00am. And nobody's online... it's too late for normal people to be up now, and it's dinner time in Asia so absolutely nobody's online. Well, I guess it just goes to show that the ol' rhyme speaks truth:
Early to rise and early to bed,
Leaves one very healthy but socially dead.
. . .Heheh. Animaniacs. Good cartoon. Even though it's been an hour since I've been up, I'm still not yet fully awake. Wandered onto someone's blogsite; thought the author was a cool person, so I decided to e-mail him. *thinking* in hindsite, I think it was a bit too random for me. But meeting new people is always fun. Or, if I end up being thought as some erratically impulsive individual, I guess that's just one more person in the world who won't talk to me... ^^;
. . .Sadly, blogging is the only way I can keep in touch with some of my friends -- going off to the four corners of the earth for what society has deemed to be the most highest calling in life -- post-secondary education. They're just bitter because Atlantis went down all those years ago. :P Yah, that's a pretty obscure reference; you'd need to read that essay I wrote last year to make sense of that one... ^^;
. . .Yes, still cursing myself for my inability to go from the dreaming stage to the implimenting stage. Which is to say, I'm always conceiving these [what I think to be] great story ideas, but as soon as I lift the pen to the page, my mind blanks. Or my right hand twitches. I guess I should practice more with my right; try to understand why everybody thinks being a lefty is so wrong.
. . .村上春樹の『世界の終りとハードボイルド・ワンダーランド』 is turning out to be a most interesting book. Thanks a million, Taber, for recommending it to me! :D But uhh... "The Idiot" by Dostoevsky is still my current favourite. :D All I need to do is learn Russian, and then I'll be able to appreciate that novel in its original form.
. . .*looks over to clock* Hmm. Still about 4 hours remaining 'til church. I guess I'll go back and try to forge on ahead through the thicket of writer's block. Hmm... I think I abuse the usage of the semi-colon.

No comments: