2004/01/02

Bloodlines

. . .N'er before have I been summoned before... ...at least, not to the remaining elders. The clan had suffered a lot by now. The indignation of having our name defaced in the ashes of war, the utter shame and humiliation of having to marry off our daughters to barbarian husbands.
. . .Barbarians... What could they possibly understand of us. We come from a proud and long family line, with a rich history, and refined culture. Barbarians... bringing half-breeds into our clan. How dare they defile our bloodline!
. . .But no, I must calm myself. I must organize my thoughts. The elders would be greatly displeased should my ken disturb the aether. I quell my quarrelling aura ere I present myself to the council.
. . .The ethereal experience was ineffible. Their ken was so much greater than mine that it was quite suffocating in that room. I only hoped that when I became their age my ken could hope to equal theirs.

No comments: