2004/01/20

Myosotis

Oh Butterfly,
When you are near,
Your love and light
Oblit'rate my fear.
All alone I stood
Amidst the green
'Til you flew near
into my scene.
Ere you were here,
I lived in darkness;
Your beautiful wings
saved me from lifelessness.
My days were dark
Ere your radiance shone,
Basking in your light
My troubles were forgo'n.
Oh, why is it that
I'm tethered here,
While you're free to fly
hither and thither.
A cyclone strikes
Our forbidden love,
Tearing you apart
From our impossible love.
Away you're thrown
far from my side,
N'er again to glance
upon my side.
Our days were few,
Our love was strong,
Cherishing you in heart
Shall I hope to carry on.
The air turns cold
and my leaves turn dry,
My time draws nigh,
Long I to see my butterfly.
I slumber now, under
A blanket of frost,
So numb from cold
Have I love lost.
Fly not here,
there's naught but death.
Embrace the light
But Forget me not.

No comments: