2003/12/11

~Bittersweet~

. . .Ah, I had the BEST dessert yesterday!!! So Ezzy, this one's for you!! ;)
. . .So after the English lesson yesterday, after being given a TON of presents and stuff (which in itself was sheer madness), I was treated to dinner for teaching these two ladies their kids English. The meal itself wasn't too bad; nothing exotic.
. . .Oh, but the dessert!!! In Chinese it was called something like "Lover's fruit". And basically it was a bunch of sliced up green fruit in crushed ice... and it was sooo good!!!! Apparently, what they do is get some unripe (green) mangoes and slice 'em up into small slices. Then they're salted. Then sugared. Then smoked (for flavour/preservation). Lastly, they're frozen and served with crushed ice. And MMmmmm, was it GOOD!!!!! Ah~ It totally made my day from the semi-near-death experience I had encountered just before my English lesson.
. . .Ya see, on my way from the office to my student's house, I was riding a bus. And at one point, the bus was about to start accelerating, getting at a pretty decent speed when it suddenly lunges to a grinding halt to prevent crashing into a stupid van. So everybody is lunged forward. Luckily, I was seated and my head didn't crash into the seat in front of me. However, as we all know from the physics of car crashes, even if your body is stopped from moving at those speeds, your internal organs are still going, so I ended up with a major headache the rest of the way from the train station to the start of the English lesson.
. . .Finally, we've been doing some Chinese knot thingys... kinda like arts and crafts -- making those funky knots that are usually used in those red-string jade things. And I was called a genius in class! Yes! Mwahaha. But eh.... the class president seems firm in her belief that I'm only 18 years old. Like, what the gay?! Another girl, whom I suspect is interested in me (purely platonically), turned out to be 26. I'm like, "eekk!!" I really AM the youngest person in my class... it's sooo scary... ... ... ah well, at least I'm getting better marks than them. Mwahahaaaaa...
. . .Tomorrow's the last day of class as well as my last day in Taiwan this year. I forgot to renew my visa, so I don't know if that'll complicate my departure/next arrival from/to Taiwan... Anywhoo, I'll get to see my aunt from my father's side, so that aught to be cool. I'll get to go shopping and discard some of my more not-so-tasteful T-shirts. :P I can just see that winter jacket already... Mmmm... (lol)

No comments: