2004/02/22

Asymptotic

. . .Wow... today was a nice, long day. If only I knew it was gonna start at 2:30pm, I wouldn't have woken up at 9:00am. So anyways, met up with Ichniba for "lunch" at around 3:00pm or so. Chatted for a bit, then drove around for a bit, trying to find this bowling place thing. Finally found it, and met up with Morning_dew and her HS friends. Aside from the rather awkward first few moments, they turned out to be a pretty cool and interesting bunch.
. . .Anyways.. So we met up for bowling, but then Ichniba's family called and he had to go to a family dinner cuz it was his uncle or grandfather's b-day... :( So he left us. And the lot of us (morning_dew's HS friends and I) went to Korean BBQ for dinner (this being now about 6:00 or 6:30pm). Little did I know that it would largely entail lots and lots of meat. Everybody thought I was vegetarian or vegan or something... haha.. I had a hard time tersely explaining that I just like to have 2 parts green for every one part of meat I consume.
. . .So while the dinner was filled with em... less-than-tasteful conversation, it did give me a pretty honest oppertunity to get to know all of them a bit. And all of them turned out to be pretty cool. =)
. . .After dinner was karaoke. Which was sorta different cuz originally we were supposed to go bbt... which I guess means that "next time" will have to be bbt? I don't know how well I mix with the group though... I think one thinks I'm chasing after someone, while another thinks I'm a japanophile or something... T_T and the fact that that I was introduced as a mathie doesn't really help my case either... Though I guess if I were introduced to someone as a mathie, I wouldn't be terribly eager to get to know him either. Ah well...
. . .Karaoke lasted 'til midnight. At Twister!! They have fully automated computers now! The indexing and listing could still use some sort of order, but aside from that it was pretty good. Searching for songs wasn't as painful anymore... unlike those days when one had to hopelessly flip through volumes of books for a song that they might not have by a group they might not have heard of. =/ It's too bad there's no central karaoke data system for asian songs... that'd make things so much easier for all us assorted groups of CBC/fob's.

No comments: