2004/03/30

Dream

. . .Funny/interesting/non-linear dream I had this morning. ("last night", I suppose, though it's the one I had just before waking up, so...) I forget how it starts... But my family or some close friends were in this indoor swimming pool, with white marble or something. It was very fancy and there were white/blue lights at the bottom of the pool, with greek pillars lining the walls or something. Anyways, a certain female friend was in the pool, but she forgot something, so I had to go into the pool and hand it to her... but that sorta required swimming in the pool. Somehow, as soon as I touched water, I was automatically in swimming gear; my clothes disappeared leaving only me in swimming trunks.
. . .I remember thinking as I was swimming that even the shallow end of the pool was awfully deep, and the water was kinda heavy; I had to struggle to keep afloat. The waters were calm, but for some reason it didn't feel easy to stay afloat. Anyways... I swam up the the female friend, who thanked me for handing her whatever it was she needed. (A letter? goggles? I forget...)
. . .Suddenly, some guy in dark monk/chinese robes and a cloth mask with a straw wide-brimmed hat walks in from the men's change room carrying at least three or four swords angrily, as if he were looking for something (the south-west corner from the pool, where the north side of the pool is the shallow end). Anyways, I turn around and suddenly there's some older gentleman in the pool and I say to him, "protect me..." in all seriousness and panic, as if I knew that the guy in dark clothes was here to kill me...
. . .So we both go underwater so as not to be seen. And then the gentleman sorta flies up (chinese kung-fu style) and starts fighting the dark robed guy for me. I hop out (back in reg. clothes again), and run far north from the pool, around this large room (apparently, the pool was at the south-west corner of this large room). I go full circle; following the perimetre of the room CCW, seeing how many enemies there were. Apparently, my palace was being invaded by these monks from a dark sect or something, and they were trying to set up a magic circle in the middle of the room. Since I was scared, I tried sneaking past the head monk at the central-north part of the room, and successfully passed behind the altar undetected. But then I ran into one of the patrol minions at the West wall and sneaked up on him, bashing his head with an ashtray, and rendering him unconcious. I ran back to the corner where the pool was (but it wasn't there anymore), to see that the gentleman (for whom I take to be either a personal guard or close friend) had won the fight and slain the dark monk guy. I call out to him, and he grabs me by the waist, pulling me close to his side. Then with his free arm he raises his arm to the sky (sword pointed upwards) and suddenly a magic circle appears at our feet along with a column of light. He exorts a few words with conviction and confidence and suddenly we teleport away from the place, just seconds before the place goes up in flames from the magical efforts of the dark monks. Then I woke up.
. . .I rather liked that dream. I know I'm forgetting a LOT of details, but it's kinda hard to remember everything. I think I might be able to use parts (if not all) of this dream for my novel. ^___^

No comments: