2004/03/23

Shining Light

. . ....Piercing Bright. lol. Two things: firstly, I'd like to draw my readers' attention to a new link on the right; it's my dA site! ^_^ For those who have dA, msg me and we can critique each others' galleries! For those that don't have dA, you're still cool! Try to enjoy my lil' gallery, though I know not much is up yet. ^^;
. . .Second thing is... I'm planning on participating in a Translation Competition! So excited! It's the 5th Shizuoka International Translation Competition, and the grand prize is a million yen, a really nifty certificate, and a grant to study in Japan for a year (to further one's translation skillz, &c). We have to translate a "short story" (what I figure to be a small novel or novella/novelette), and a Criticism. Sounds kinda hard. And when I receive the package in the mail, I think I'll agree that the translation will be quite difficult. But I really would like to win (who wouldn't?). And even if I don't, it should improve my translation skills at least a little bit, as it did for that lil' Chinese translation pet project of mine. ^_^
. . .Well, that's my happy news for the day. hehe... I'm can't wait 'til I get the application package in the mail! Guh... mail from Japan to Canada should be less than 3 weeks. ;)

No comments: