2004/03/22

F[r]iend

. . .This poem I wrote between math class, so if the rythem/rhyme is a bit off, blame it on the math. ...or better yet, blame it on the immeasurable amount of pain that I refuse to overtly express. =)

Varied though my friends may be,
N'er one had I as you.
For though I may cause mischief,
My darkness did not break through.
With Satan's craft you seduced me,
Hollow claims of love and respect.
And though I first was mov'd,
There was a lack of class and tact,
With which you oft spoke to me,
"The world is changing," thought I,
To then realize the treachery
Of your misdemeanor and lies.
Like Monsieur I once found "love"
But that was merely false,
For I now see the subtleties of your actions:
Abandonment and Ignorance.
Like he who once was Lucifer;
Heaven's Morning Star:
From my side you've warred 'gainst me
Our distance have now grown far.
I dare not claim perfection,
For mortal yet am I,
But the sins you've dealt against me
N'er canst you rectify.
It's all too clear to me now,
That which e'er you've vied
Was nothing of mine own,
But of close connexions tied.
You seek favour in one whom which
Has known me since my birth,
She whose eyes cannot penetrate
Your deceptions cloaked in mirth.
Had she e'er been your prey,
I wish'd I was not your pawn,
For though I might still have hated,
There would be no betrayal since our dawn.
Ye, whose name I shall not name
Least others know your guise,
Henceforth from me begone;
No longer can I suffer your lies.
Our time together has been fun
While your web o' illusions last',
Ne'er again shall you deceive me
For the spell of truth's been cast.
Begone from me, you hateful thing,
Enemy of all Creation!
N'er again wish I to hear from you
Least there be a fustigation.
So long, farewell, au révoir,
I banish thee from my life.
Your "help" and presence both unwanted,
Henceforth alone shall I strife.

No comments: