2004/03/09

Higher Arithmetic

. . .Doesn't that sound more friendly than "Number Theory"? It's all in the nomenclature~ (lol) I *was* enjoying my Multivarible Calculus (intimidating name, isn't it) until I hit question 5 of my assignment due tomorrow. I don't get it!! What does it mean for a function (partial derivative) to be "vanishing"? That it equals zero? Or that it's screaming off the page (i.e. shooting off into pos. or neg. infinity)? Grr... Should I even bother to study today for stats quiz tomorrow? Or just figure that I'll do good on the final exam? That class is such a joke...
. . .Meanwhile, my throat is still hurting... I'm trying to drink some water, but that doesn't seem to be helping too much... At least it's getting some more water vapours in the air... so dry here! Me skin is crackin'! k, well, not *that* bad, but bad enough. Anywhoo... back to math...

Added 4:38pm
. . .Still didn't get question 5 of my calc. assignment. But I got the bonus instead, so hopefully that'll balance things out. It's not yet 5:00pm yet... I have a whole 7 hours to... study? I guess now'd be the perfect time to work on those overdue essays... Oh yah... the most hilarious, interesting, and semi-intelligent game: http://www.medianetjapan.com/2/19/entertainment/grow/
The idea is to "max" every item; as you place items in different orders, you'll see that certain items will affect other items. And just have fun! The thing took me quite some time to fool around with (waiting for animations to play out, plus calc, plus chatting, it took me about an hour. :S) But it was really cool. I'm now trying to see if there's more than one possible solution. =)
. . .Oh yah.. I got my combinatorics midterm back. I technically failed, but with the adjustment, I ended up with an 80%! that's a passing mark! w00t! =)

No comments: