2003/10/05

上升下落

. . .Yay. Got off class today; gotta find a coffee/tea-house for my language exchange tomorrow. It's scary... the longer I live here, the more I realize just how CHINESE my family is. And I mean REALLY chinese. Just the other day, I was observing how people didn't do a certain thing that my family always does. When I mentioned this to my friends, they were like, "WHAT??!?! But that's sooo archaic!!"
. . .me: "eeehh....... ..... My family still does it..."
. . .Ahaha... so booyaka to my conservativism.
. . .Meanwhile, my thoughts sometimes wander back to Canada... How is everybody? From what I can tell, some people are doing ok, while others are doing a little less-than-ok. Some are in a paradoxial state; they feel lonely, but won't let anybody into their lives. But I'm not one to force myself into others' lives. Meh. I rarely see anybody online anymore... ...and only SOME of you would care enough to write to me... :'(
. . .Learned some nasty details about the cost at which the Tang dynasty earned its place in History. And we finally finished Confucius (孔子) today in class. Yay! But ehh.... now teacher wants me us to write a review and stuff on some other people's essays... and mine is about some line from a Tang-dynasty poem... Tang being somewhere in the B.C. ... like 300BC or something like that. Probably earlier...
. . .Meanwhile, I haven't been working nearly hard enough, so starting from now on, if anybody wants to catch me online, the best time is 11:30am~1:30pm Taiwan time... ... which would be 11:30pm~1:30am Toronto time. Dear readers can calculate for their timezones accordingly. ^_^
. . .I've recently also discovered that being hard-core traditional Chinese isn't any fun either... ...after looking at my cousin, who's turned out to be a bit of a loser... ...and my aunt keeps comparing me to both her kids... grr... Anyways, as it turns out, I prefer to combine the etiquette of both western and eastern cultures -- doing things implicitly, AND saying things implicitly. Ah, the joy it'd be to speak to me 4 years from now. Lalala... Nobody online, so I'm gonna go away and do something productive. ^_^;

No comments: