2003/10/21

Blog time!

. . .YAY! I added another page to one of my two smaller projects. But I still have no idea what I'm going to be doing for my thesis. I mean, how do I get two people to supervise something like that? And if/when I graduate from IS, do we have our own convocation, or do with make friendly with the arties?
. . .Growing more and more confused. From the dawn of my sentient existence, I have always considered it very crude, barbaric, rude, vulgar, etc., to openly and publically discuss and joke about seemingly 'dirty' matters. ('yellow' as it were for the Chinese.) But then again, that's not entirely true. I mean, when it's a sleep-over or something, and my friends and I are as giddy as drugged commoners, we speak just as they do, without a hint of any particularly conservative or traditional upbringing.
. . .perhaps, then, my own personal distinction for this subject resides within both the level of familiarity I have with that person, and place. For example, in the privacy of one's own home, why shouldn't one have the right to speak however one wishes? But if one were in the company of a bosom-friend (archaic term, leave me alone) but in a public area such as a train station, perhaps they should save the vulgar merriment for when their actions leave no impression on society.
. . .Extraordinary. So technically, I find it bad taste to speak about those kinds of things largely because it's spoken with people I'm not terribly familiar with. Though I appear to have let down my guard today with an online conversation I had. I don't know if it has any bearing on how that person thinks of me now, but since we've never met in person, I guess it's impossible to say whether that person thinks anything of me at all...
. . .So funnily enough, we're back at the sensitivity issue. Why do I care whether people message me first or whether I initiate a conversation? Because of the implications. I imagine, if a person wasn't terribly eager to speak to me, he or she'd cut short the conversation. But not even that... it's nice when people message first because it shows that they care. If they never initiate but they'll have a conversation if one initiates, it seems to imply that they're quite indifferent. (nonchalant, even.) "cool", as it were. (no pun intended, Ian.)
. . .A very frosty-cold wind is bellowing through the empty recesses of my life...
. . .Wouldn't it be nice if we could just meet random people without fear of being hurt or harrassed? Wouldn't it be grand if we could just walk up to someone on the subway, strike up a conversation and end up being great friends? Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could meet someone online and then meet in person without fear of mistaken age and gender?
. . .And I'll bet most of you are asking, "wouldn't it be great if Joseph would wake up and realise that the world is a cold and ugly place?"
. . .Well, I'm afraid I'm a dreamer and an idealist. ^^;

No comments: