2003/10/07

死網

. . .Booh. Cursed internet. Kept logging me off MSN Messenger. Must be because of either my computer back in Toronto, or because of the computer in Tao Bai-Ren's house. In either case... Grr! Mid-conversation with people and *poof* I'm offline. Moreover, although I repeditively tell it that I'm not interested in any new Messenger upgrades, it KEEPS ON ASKING ME if I want to upgrade. Damn computer. Stupid internet. A pox on Microsoft!
. . .Meanwhile... Can't afford to sleep right now... cuz then I won't be able to sleep in the evening, which'll only translate to more fatigue problems for the following day. I had dumplings for lunch, accompanied by this funky-tasting thick soup-like thing, filled with I-don't-want-to-know-what stuff. It was described to me as 'sour and spicy', though it was just 'funky' for me. And I don't me 'cool'. Just... ... ... funky.
. . .Really should be studying today... Teacher made me read the [Chinese] paragraph on the board, and I couldn't... She's first like, "Hmm... Joseph! Why don't you read what I've written on the board. Reading is good for your word-recognition."
. . .I'm like, "eerrr...."
. . ."c'mon"
. . ."but ... ... I don't know how to read..."
. . ."Aiya... we're all here to learn. c'mon, nobody's gonna hit you."
. . ."It's shameful of me [to not be able to read]..."
. . ."Aiya... no need to be so melodramatic..."
. . .So, of course I read it... ... barely. Sighs. I'm back at the bottom of the class. whee... haven't been in that position since I was five-years old. Meanwhile, my classmates are probably looking down at me for not being able to read the more simple characters... it was so sad... when I came across a character that I couldn't read in Chinese, I read it the Japanese way and my teacher was like, "erm! Reading Japanese??"
. . .^^;;;
. . .Meanwhile... aside from that, not much happened... though apparently more people read my blog than leave messages... ... since I'm now talking to people online when I get online. ^_^ *sniffs* I feel so special. It's good to know that some people actually care enough to bother going online during those slim few minutes to be able to chat with me, see how I'm doing, keeping me posted on what's going on in Toronto, UW, Guelph, Ottawa, Vancouver, etc. So a big thank you to my friends who care. ^___^
. . .Heh.. and the title is so negative... How'd I end up with such a positive note? Kinda like my Chinese lit. teacher.. She starts off with rambling about the political situation during which some of the stuff we're looking at came out of, and then she some how ends up teaching us how to say 'pole-dancer' in Chinese... ...At first I totally didn't understand her... she was like, "you know... they're very popular in the west. There's this pole, and these pretty... well no, not pretty... but good-bodied females writhe and wiggle all around the pole."
. . ."Oh," says I. Kinda funny, my teacher. Don't really get her... ... (probably unmarried...) but her sense of humour is definately better than Kallen's... *shudder* Now THERE's a woman you'd never want to meet... ...and someone that nobody would want to marry. And she says that she doesn't want to get married anyways.. which is just as well... the bitter old bitch shouldn't have the honour of being married. I'd feel soooo sorry for her husband.
. . .Then again, I shouldn't really say that. I mean, just the thought of a certain other female equally repulses me, and yet there are more than a couple of guys who apparently find her attractive. I sooooo don't get that. I mean, EWW!!! Then again, guys tend to be more dense with first impressions. Ah, the curse of taking after one's mother.
. . .Aaaaaanyways.
. . .Oh yah... Today I start my language exchange with Ryuuichi. Haha. Guess which language(s). Though I think that after today, the weekend might be better. We'll see. ^^;

No comments: