2003/10/17

Update~

. . .For the frightfully astute, one may have noticed a new link at the top right of the sidebar. After being here for nearly a month, I decided that a good way to practice is to write regularly in Chinese. So, there it is, my Chinese blog! Granted, it won't be as informative and/or entertaining as this one, but hopefully my Taiwanese buddies'll get a kick out of it. ... out of the bad grammar probably. Or misuse of words. For those of you who can read (or want to have a hobby), feel free to saunter on there and check it out. ^_^ My English isn't entirely what it usually is right now because I was strangled into a converation with a weirdo. Who thought I was Japanese... Anyways.
. . .My head is spinning. Today's Friday, isn't it. When I got off class today, I couldn't get online cuz of uhh... yah... stuff. Too many outlets in the office, and everything wasn't set up when I arrived.. booh. But After a headache and some Taiwanese KFC, I'm finally online! ... when it's around 3:00am for pretty much everybody I'd talk to online...
. . .What happened in class today? It seemed so long ago... I got my other hw back, but I'm not sure if she found it funny or inappropriate. I also found some extra-information for my essay/poem report thing next week. I'm supposed to critique(I think) these four lines that this woman wrote in the Tang Dynasty (about 1000 years ago).
. . .Yah.. so guess what I'll be doing this weekend? STUDYING. booh. And preparing my speech/essay for next week, when I have to present my thoughts on the poem. Oooou, my head really hurts right now. Never before has that Chinese expression meant so much to me before... ... ... or the English expression, "It hurts to think"... maybe I need more sleep. ...or water.Whee... look at me go.
. . .Crap. Just remembered. Also need to memorize those four Confucian quotes. Well, Confusian phrases... since they can't very well be direct quotes -- something about Confucius never actually writing everything down, but rather stuff that his students wrote down after he died. But it begs to question how exactly they spoke back then. If they indeed had such a harsh and strict gap between written Chinese and spoken Chinese.
. . .Whee... Thoughts float back to Canada once more. Yes, Shelly, I got your mail. And no, it wasn't sent to the wrong address. Rest assured. ^^ I'll be sending you a letter back sometime ehh.. soon. :P I bought some pretty paper especially for writing your letter. Feel special? I sure don't. j/k~
. . .Oh yah. I recently started watching a Taiwanese show; it's about this ehh... guy. And this... girl. Apparently, they're working for the devil or something. But this catholic priest can see them even though everybody else is oblivious to their presence. It's interesting. And some of the characters use some pretty formal Chinese so kudos to me! I just have to repeat everything they say and then I should be able to bring my Chinese up to their level, right? ehehe...

No comments: