2003/10/13

孤獨世界

. . .Booh... had school again today... After a three-day weekend. Which is so rare in Asia that it's not even funny. But yah. Ended up sleeping far later than I should have... (which is to say, at around 1:30am or even 2:00am) when I should have slept at 11:30pm.
. . .I don't know if I've already said it, though I probably have, but I'll say it again! Ahhahaha... Anyways, yah. My self-study thingy is really paying off! who'd have thought. But yah... still way behind my own personal goal. Gotta start working on trudging through that Tang-dynasty poem essay thing to write my review... Fun...
. . .I got 10/13 for my first homework in my chin. lit. course.. Booh!!! She didn't really go by a rubric either, so it' impossible for me to know where exactly I lost my marks... Booh... gotta work harder then... ... must... become... fluent... in ... [written] Chinese... Arg. To be as fluent in Mandarin as I am in English... now that's a challenge. Especially since I fear that the acquisition of a second language is really only that -- kinda like a master-slave HD configuration... But to have two 'primary' languages? I guess I might have a shard of hope, since I was raised in Mandarin before being shoved into daycare, where everybody spoke English. Let's hope enough of my linguistic wiring before age 5 is still there for me to work with... :P
. . .Aside from that, not too too much is happening... ...it's kinda lonely here in Taiwan; most of the people I know talk to me either for superficial reasons, or only out of respect of my mother... (which is to say, they wouldn't bother with me if I weren't my mother's son.)
. . *sighs*....

No comments: