2003/10/27

Terra Firma

. . .I hope I spelled that right. But yah. today's rant is about society. Well, it would be, but I just ate and now all the blood is devoted to digesting my food rather than helping me think.
. . .So the weekend. Yah. No internet over the weekend. Well, I did for a sparce few moments on Friday evening, but that was about it. E-mailed my Chinese essay(if you can call it that; it was about 239 words) to my teacher.
. . .Saturday involved sleeping in 'til around 9:30am or so. That was pretty sweet. Especially since I normally have to wake up at 6:30am in order to get to school on time. ($1 NT per minute late! NB: $25NT=$1Can.)
. . .Had some cold soy bean milk and an egg-with-bread thing for breakfast. Mmm... they call it 3-in-1, but I have no idea how to call two of the three ingredients in English. But that's basically what I've been having whenver I have breakfast. (Need more fruit...)
. . .Lazed in front of the TV the rest of the morning with sketchbook in hand. I've yet to buy normal, lose-leafed, lined paper -- it doesn't seem to be terribly popular around here. Everything's about notebooks. (So annoying. No wonder the students are always stressed.) Which means, I've yet to be able to start scribbling my ideas for my stories/novels.
. . .After a disinteresting lunch, I bussed over to Tao Bai Ren's house to lounge around. First the most part, I was surfing the 'net, researching archaic names and researching about Norse myth. Now I know what the "Fenrir Wolf" really means, and why it sounds 'cool'. Along with the three names Skuld, Urd and "Belldandy"(Veldandi), Yggdrasil, Freya, Ragnarok, etc. And yes, becoming frightfully hooked on 魔探�ロキ(Mythical Detective Loki). Haha. I'm sure that hints at my sudden revived interest in Norse myth. The second half was devoted to writing a letter to Alison -- a letter of which I should send really soon... Especially since it already takes so long for letters to be delivered.
. . .Sunday... ... ehh... ... ... church started an hour early; they had a meeting after service to discuss the new year (finances, plans, etc.) Didn't really involve me so *poof* I went. Afternoon/evening also resulted in being in front of the tele. Saw Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone! haha. Mmmmm... British magic...
. . .Wanting to see several movies right now... "Underworld", "The Matrix Revolution" and "�左走��走", which stars Gigi(of HK) and Takeshi(of Taiwan/Japan). *sniff* nobody'll either let me, or go with me to see any movies in theatres; they all say it's too expensive... ... though it's about the same as in Toronto... everybody's a stinge here.
. . .I've made a goal for myself to write an essay a week in Chinese in the effort of improving my writing skills. (both penmanship and composition.) So this week, I shall write about ... uhh... something I know a lot about... first impressions of Taiwan, perhaps.
. . .K, food is making me feel too tired... ...

No comments: