2003/11/18

An Angel Feather's Flight

I free myself from ties of root
and start to slowly flutter out,
and downwards to a foreign land
Chaotic spiral tracks of trout.
I see the sea from whence I came,
strangely familiar despite its colours,
and eagerly into my home I plunge
to eagerly learn and earn its favour.
But as I swam within this sea,
I found that there was more than home
the shadow seemed to've followed me
and covered everything 'til I was 'lone.
I bravely stood against the darkness,
defiant in its face of rage,
but as time went by my light grew dim,
sighing defeat I acknowledged my age,
That I was far too old to continue this war,
for this shadow had been there since my conception.
But just before I was entirely submerged,
a glimmering light pierced through the eternity,
a ray of hope with tides of friendship
gave birth to a new bundle of energy.
I eagerly raced towards this light,
wishing to embrace this newfound friend
just to find that in its stead
stood two different lights at opposite ends.
And as I raced towards this light,
hoping to find some sort of solace,
this light faded away to reveal
that I've been chasing mere phantoms' face.
"WHY?!" cried I to the endless dark
"must I always be alone?"
but all that answered was the steady calm
of the foreboding shadow without a dawn.
After weeping I looked about
towards all those shimmering lights.
And with tears in my eyes I said silently to them,
"this shall be our last night."
I flew one last time about in this sea,
making sure I hadn't missed anyone.
And when I was satisfied I submitted myself
to the eternal darkness that summoned.

No comments: