2003/11/14

Angel Tears

. . .Don't you just hate seeing something terrible happen while you're just standing by and watching it happen? Don't you feel worse when you try to help, but you just end up making things more complicated?
. . .I've been in this position more than once, and I still have no idea how best to handle the situations. It makes me wonder how me, a person with very limited social skills, can successfully befriend two different people who would like nothing better than to kill each other.
. . .And so I'm standing there, trying to figure out the situation, only to learn that this "lovers' quarrel" is nothing more than miscommunication.
. . .But the idiocy on my part is this bloated ego of mine that convinces me that I can make everything right and A-o.k. So I go ahead, talk to both parties to figure out what they think of the other person. And sometimes, it turns out that they're looking at totally different things. E.g. maybe the first person thinks that language is important, and the other person thinks that actions are important. So the first person is mad at the second person for not speaking well, and the second person is mad at the first person for not being more careful with body language.
. . .Of course, those are only stupid examples to illustrate my point. So the first person doesn't want to tell the second person that the second person's speech bugs the first person. And the second person doesn't want to tell the first person that the first person's body language is offensive to the second person.
. . .And it's not like I can tell them for them because I'm already sworn to secrecy. But then it's not like they're ever gonna resolve it between themselves because neither is the type to go up and have a talk, getting everything out into the open.
. . .*sighs* I just hate standing by, not being able to do anything and see a friendship whither because neither is willing to give sunlight or water to the once budding flower of their friendship.
. . .Meanwhile, OATUS(On A Totally Unrelated Subject), I've just caught wind of a DVD movie that Squaresoft-Enix is releasing in summer 2004 (in Japan). It's called "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children". After watching the 12 Mb trailer, I'm hooked already!!!! Though Sephiroth doesn't look as pretty as he did in the PS game. =P For 'more' on the subject (which isn't right now cuz they're still making the website), please visit http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/
. . .Well, that's all for now. Something about an oral test on Monday on this essay thing we're studying right now.

No comments: