2003/11/17

Hack, Slash and Bash

. . .So a friend just recently directed my attention to www.bash.org, which turned out to be pretty funny. (Well, some of it anyways. Some of it was really nasty, and the other third was pretty crude.)
. . .Well, my weekend was pretty good. Did some shopping on Friday night -- got two new tops and a really thin, white jacket which I've yet to have the oppertunity to try out. =D
. . .My saturday was pretty good -- I made some personal breakthroughs with Chinese grammar and also made up for all the sleep I missed during the week. Didn't end up gong anywhere at all, but I did manage to sit in front of the TV until 2:00am or so.
. . .Sunday I sorta... ... overslept... ... ... and yah... For the rest of the day, I pretty much sat in front of the TV as well, using the commercial breaks to doodle in my notebook. I mean err... "studying" yessss....
That night wasn't too great; either I shouldn't have finished that entire tube of Pringles or God wasn't pleased at me missing church, but whatever it was, I ended up going to bed with a tummyache... ...the kind that made me feel like throwing up... and made me ghastly pale.
. . .This morning was pretty cool -- because of an allusion in this essay, we ended up talking about "Romance of Three Kingdoms" and the actual history behind it. I still think Zhou Yu is cool, even though he was a bit.. umm... insecure about his intelligence. Hehe.
. . .This afternoon, however, was a little more disturbing. There was this 50-year old balding fat man who was (hopefully) a client of my uncle's. I had to break their conversation because of an incoming phone call for my uncle. So there was me sitting at my computer, laughing out loud at the odd moment. But yah. Suddenly, this client saunters up to me and presents me with his business card.
me: "oh... thank ... you...(?)"
him: "so, how long have you grown your hair?"
me: "Err... about 4 years now?"
him: "wow, it's so beautiful..."
me: *mentally cringing*
. . .So now I have a Chinese business card from a strange Chinese man. Meanwhile, on the animal farm...

No comments: