2003/11/14

Fashionable Taste

. . .I just came to the sudden realization that I have little if any taste in fashion at all!
. . .This realization dawned on me just now while I was sitting here, trying to design an autumn jacket for myself, and thinking about shopping in a local night market. Apparently, I'd enjoy wearing almost any namebrand? Or is that so? All the newer stuff I've bought (and I think look good on me) are actually name-brands. And while I'm quite selective in the store, I still find that I'm not exactly a fashion fountain of ideas. All the characters in my sketchbook are wearing something relatively unimaginative -- either something so neutral that anybody could be wearing it, or a poor imitation of centuries-old fashion.
. . .It's very alarming, when one realizes that one's imagination is nothing more than a hollow imitation of someone else's originality. Or am I being premature about all this?
. . .I suppose I should wait 'til tomorrow -- after I go shopping, to see whether I just blindly follow whatever's on display in the brandname stores, or if I do indeed have a personal sense of taste.
. . .But in the meanwhile, I gotta build up my biceps and delts, etc if I want to get away with wearing a black, sleeveless double-fold turtleneck top/sweater. =P
. . . . . .UPDATE 5:58pm (my time)
. . .So I was doodling in my minisketchbook, and I've decided to sacrifice it in the name of fashion. So hopefully, starting next week, I'll find out a way to post my lil' ideas, completely open for criticism/comments. And if I somehow become devoted enough, it might even get its own lil' blog corner. =D So right now I'm playing with colour concepts for a certain autumn jacket I'm designing.

No comments: