2003/11/18

Yin Yang

. . .eww... Creative writing is one thing, but that excuse-of-a-poem didn't really end up being terribly happy, eh? Hmm...
. . .Meanwhile, class is turing out really fun! We're learning a bit about "Romance of Three Kingdoms", which, funnily enough, is actually pretty cool. So kudos to you, Frank! hehe. Though I still insist that Zhou Yu is cooler than the other old fogey. =P
. . .That Chinese novel I'm reading I'm also disliking more and more. I mean, ew!! Ick. There's barely any decency or concept of morality, ethics, principles. It's about as clean as Dawson's Creek -- where everybody's sleeping with each other. Until they've exhaused all possible permutations, so they're forced to introduce more characters to keep the sex going. Grr.
. . .I'm definately reading Romance of 3 Kingdoms afterwards! No more slutty Chinese-Canadian women for me! Ew. The most annoying/perturbing/disturbing thing is that it's written in the first person of a 24-year old female. And the author's an old man. Supposedly really learnéd and all with his PhD, and experience in HK, Taiwan, Vancouver, Toronto, France, etc., but I'm not impressed at all. I think it's nasty and wrong for old men to write as if they're young women. Eww.. I mean, even if he did have the insight and err.. 'experience'... it's just wrong!!! Maybe because that photo of him really turns me off. Whenever I pull out the book to trudge through some more, I'm like "ew,ew,ew... don't look at the picture, don't look at the picture, don't look at the picture...."
. . .Had a really interesting chat about genetics, parenting and childhood memories with a friend of mine. Too bad there's a 13-hour time difference or I'd probably still be chatting about it now with her. Haha.

No comments: