2003/11/19

Yay!

. . .I think I stole someone's straw this morning at the convenience store while I was buying a drink... But meh, they're free anyways. And the store clerks already think I'm weird, so nothing lost there, really. =P
. . .DAMMIT!! Got 84% on my third test this morning. And I soo didn't deserve it either. I could see all those pity marks... *sniff* But it's all good... I guess. Since I'm doing so poorly in school, I figured I have to go back and make myself memorize those 50~100 words a day... Sadly, it's the only way I'll learn. And 'sides, it'll only make me sound smarter and stuff, riiiiiight? (hopefully...)
. . .Woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and realized that I'm actually gaining fat underneath my chin! Ahh... gotta find DDR machine and fast!
. . .Meanwhile, I can feel all this junk I've been eating is starting to affect my system. (junk = Tao Bai Ren's cooking, system=scent.) I can actually tell that I smell different from how I did in UW. Part of it might have to deal with the detergent for my clothes though... don't like that scent either. ...And i especially hate using the washroom after my uncle's been in there.. he's deaf and uh...scent-deaf as well. So it's like a minefield, trying to shield my poor nose from the nasty, nasty scent of an almost-if-not-already-60-year old Chinese man.
. . .Meanwhile, I've been thinking about cutting my hair... don't know if I've already blogged about this, but meh. I mean, it was fun while it lasted, but I'm running out of hairties and stuff, and waking up with 2 minutes to spare isn't the best for grooming. I always end up looking like crap for class... *sighs* Ah well. I'm there to learn, not court. ;)
. . .Speaking of which, I'm suddenly reminded of something I realized last night after a surprise phone conversation with a guy friend. Apparently, when making friends, I don't seem to place a particular stress between the difference between males and females. Which is to say, unlike this guy friend of mine, I don't treat guy friends as friends, and lady friends as potential partners, but I treat both as friends. Which might explain why a certain woman on this side of the world is acting so funny...
. . .But seriously! I'm not saying that guys and girls don't have any differences, but rather, I feel that the differences lie in one's perception -- it's there if you perceive it to be there. I mean, everybody's an individual, and if they're strong advocates for the stereotypes, then I guess they're more of an induhvidual, huh... (again, borrowed term from Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip.)
. . .Afterall, if I were to use this strange perception to regard my friends, I wouldn't really be friends with the females, would I. I mean, I'd be this snide insincere pervert who's only acting nice, waiting for the oppertunity to jump into her pants. Whereas, I can choose to see people as people, and actually try to connect with them on an intellectual and emotional level. But alas, most guys don't really seem keen on talking about emotions... it's all about guffawing at fellow men's idiocy, poisoning themselves with alcohol or other more leathal substances, whistling to female pedestrians and expensive vehicles and encouraging each other's contemptable qualities.
. . .Am I generalizing right now? Maybe. But believe you me, I have seen such people before. And I didn't like it one bit.
. . .Aaaaanyways.... I gotta get ready for my English conversation lesson today... I have 45 minutes left. whee...

No comments: