2003/11/21

Astonishing Revelation(s)

. . .Man, I'm slow. I just realised another reason why I don't find the city of Taipei to be especially beautiful: its exterior resembles the interior of a cheap, low-class restroom. Which is to say, the Taiwanese in Taipei have this morbid obsession with tiles! Tiles cover the faces of a good 50-80% of the buildings I've seen, tiles are what the sidewalks and platforms consist of, tiles are what coat a significant percentage of perimeter walls and tiles are what become moldy and faded from outside humidity.
. . .Ah well. TGIF! Though I'm not sure what's happening tomorrow. I think the fellowship is supposed to meet at church at 9:30am to go nature-hiking, though was it tomorrow or last week.... Hmmm..
. . .Voices. How do I sound? Everybody's voice is unique, huh. Too bad they don't have vocal training courses anymore. There're some certain people (like someone-someone's son) who has this naaasty back-vowel way of speaking everything. And he exhorts everything from the pit of his stomache or something, so the overall result is this nasty self-echoing, loud, course sound. My vocal cords strain just from the thought of speaking like that all the time... Well, I personally suspect that my voice is too nasal, but ehh.........
. . .I could sooo research this for my linguistic thesis for my masters or something! How people in the same linguistic environment end up speaking differently. To hypothesis, why a sister can have a clear, crystal voice, but have a younger brother with a slurred, round voice. Research, research, research.
. . .Need to really cut down on the English TV, and increase my time spent on blogging in Chinese. I also really confused myself the other day with that English class.. which just goes to show that when one doesn't speak a language for a period of time, that language becomes warped. Or does this verify that Mandarin -- the language I spoke before age 5, is truely my mother tongue, and that English is my actual second language? Though such terms are tricky for people of such a young age...
. . . Yah... so I confused myself with "I like to go shopping for some clothes" and wondering why "I like go to eating some icecream" didn't sound right, even though it was basically following the same sentence. But I got it all figured out now. ^_^ I confused myself ove the verb "to like" only because (apparently) I totally forgot about the aux. verb that I sometimes used in my sentences. E.g. "I would like eating chicken" is very wrong, but "I like eating chicken" is acceptable. (though for me personally, I'm still iffy on that one. Not too sure if like is an aux. verb itself, or if it's one of those verbs that's undergoing a grammatical change through the evolution of the English language.
. . .Hmmm..... Class is as usual. Gotta study more! And harder! More! Harder! K, I'll stop before people get mad at me. =P Kinda peeved. Woman-to-my-right-across-the-isle (a.k.a. dexter-woman) got a 93 on that same test, where I only got 84. BOOH! Ah, crap. Forgot to do my hw again...
. . .Whoa... nobody's online... Even those who're usually up by this time are sleeping... Which I guess is a good thing... ...cuz sleep is important, especially for you Ontarian Uni students! =P
. . .Meanwhile, I'm already fretting over my plans for the next two years or so.
-Gotta find an apartment or something cheap and affordable close to UW campus, cuz of my math madness.
-Gotta confirm if a certain friend is certain to be a future housemate.
-gotta find another future possible housemate for alternate terms of aforementioned "certain friend"
-Gotta find a 1~8 hours/week job for my time in UW.
-Gotta learn Chinese!!
. . .ARG!!! K, I stop blogging in English; gonna blog in Chinese now. (and it's probably gonna be as short as ever. grr...)

No comments: