2003/11/06

Happy Tides?

. . .Kinda happy. Yesterday was my first day teaching two little 10-year old kids, Kevin and Vivian. And I was late. By 30 minutes. So Vivian's mom wasn't too happy. And Kevin's mom didn't sound too impressed either.
. . .But ahaha, boy they're so cute!!! They were so nervous at first, not really speaking much. So I started asking a lot of questions. "Did you want to be here or upstairs? Did you go to school today? What's your favourite colour?" And so on and so forth.
. . .Vivian seemed a bit more keen. And after whipping out my sketchbook, they started to become very interested. Attention span of a child is hilarious! With friends like Shelly, I've had all the training I need to be with kids! Hehe.. so in a sense, thank you Shelly for being who you are.
. . .And I want my money back, Oxford Seminars... Stupid people. Dun know what they're talking about. So anyways, I started pointing to different parts of my illustrations and asking them questions, "what part of the body is this? is it an ear or an eye? What about this? horn, tail or wing? How old does the woman look?" Ah, they're funny. And they have this amazingly 2-track mind about it too! They speak to me in minimalistic English while they talk to each other in Mandarin. I wonder if they know I can understand them.
. . .Heheh.. and we like, finished a pack of cookies during the session. Kids are a bit wild, but nothing I can't handle... ... yet. ^_^
. . .OATUS, I've been recently trying to revive my french. Trying to remember the 'exceptions' for the passé composé. Always avoir except for uhh... .... something for être. Hmm... gotta go back and learn my verbs... ... and conjugation! je suis, tu est, il/elle es, nous something, vous ette, ills/elles sont. or something.... ahh... man, my french is too messy... T_T
. . .And on yet another side of the complex life of Joseph Tam, I've been reinitiating contact with close friends and family. ^_^ Suddenly found out that a certain friend has had a gf for 10 months. Didn't see that one coming. But she seemed a nice enough person online.
. . .Ooh... Dinner time... will finish blog later.

No comments: