2003/11/24

Effective Openings

. . ." 'This is gonna be great!' he said to himself as he unbuttoned her blouse." Haha. Isn't that a hilarious opening. Already, you're like "huh, what's going on?!" Second sentence: "before he went further, he straightened his drycleaners uniform, then tossed the blouse into the 'to clean' pile."
. . .Hehe... No, I didn't that up. Somebody else did, though this was told to me in conversation, so I can't remember the exact words used. The basic concept was the same though. And I think it wonderfully illustrates my point. It doesn't matter how brillliant the content is, if it's not presentable. Not to say that all scientific papers need to be commercialized, but that if science isn't so boring, they should be able to prove it! Entice the reader, right?
. . .Just a thought... ^^;

No comments: