2003/11/20

Staggered Sleep

. . .So I finally received another letter last night from Shells, in that hilarious blue plastic envelope. What's with the scotch tape, eh? =P Anyways, I got home around 11:00pm or so, and was writing a response, so I didn't get to sleep 'til a bit after midnight. And then, just after a really disturbing dream, (of the sort where someone you'd rather not talk to again for the rest of your life is having an MSN conversation with you), I woke up at 5:00am, without an alarm clock! Oi... Flushed a small cockaroach down the drain, took a shower, came out smelling soapy-fresh, and sat in front of the TV, finishing my letter.
. . .Went down to the convenience store at like 5:30 to get some breakfast, and the guy was obviously sleepy.. he was like, tripping over the counter, and didn't catch my change when I was paying for my drink and noodles. (hehe.. yah, instant noodles for breakfast.. Mmmm....)
. . .School was ok, though I felt that too much class time was wasted. Afterwards, after getting really lost, I finally got to chat with the head of the English department at "National Taiwan Normal University". Nice name, eh? It's 'cooler' in Chinese. haha. Not sure how exactly they translated it. Aaaanyways, if only I had a working permit in Taiwan, he said I'd be perfect for hiring in the English Language Training Centre. Yarg.
. . .Apparently, I first need a resident visa to get a working permit, and it'd appear that I'd have had to have applied for this visa while still abroad(not in Taiwan). No fun at all. And the other problem is, I don't really know how likely it'd be for me to actually work there; if there'd be any openings and stuff.
. . .But I think my chances for auditing their Mandarin classes are kinda shot... ...administration wasn't as nice to me as the English department was... *sniff*
. . .The head of the English department was cool though. He was pretty friendly, and apparently, he spent some time in the states, which made English conversation so much easier for me. ^_^
. . .Meanwhile.............................................

No comments: