2003/11/24

Mirthful Musings

. . .Ahaha. Reminded of something that happened a while back. Waaay back. Like, maybe 4 years ago or so. Back to a time when I would still go outside and play. (lol) So there I was in Canada Paramount's Wonderland with the youth fellowship of my church, on one of the rollar coasters. I remember sitting beside Alison, but I can't remember if I was on the right or left. Anyways, the ride was making all these strange sharp turns and dives, and during one of these sharp turns, Alison's head knocks into my own head.
. . ."ow," I say in bored silence.
. . ."sorry," she returns in equally hushed tones. Meanwhile, everybody else was excited or panicked and screaming at the top of their little vocal cords. (The poor children didn't know to use their diaphragms.) Ahaha... we were so brilliantly British then, Alison and I. Wonderfully detached from the world around us. "Oh dear, are you dying? That's a rather minor inconvenience for you, isn't it." Haha..
. . .Ah, good memories. It's funny how when you encounter rough times with a friend, you can't wait to denounce your friendship, but after a few years of a good, solid relationship, you cannot imagine how you life could have been without that friend.
. . .Well, at least that's how I feel with all my close friends. I guess that's part of what they mean by "you make a difference". So even if they're not directly influencing your preferences or modes of thinking, even if they're not spending every waking moment or bleeding every secret, just their mere presense is part of the reason why and how you manage to maintain your sanity in an otherwise cold, harsh world. And as cynical as I was in HS, it wasn't until I was truely alone that I realized this simple truth.
. . .So to all my dear friends (who should know who they are), thank you for being there. Thank you for giving me rides so I wouldn't have to walk in snow, or giving me sound advice when I needed it. Thank you for giving me il-advice even, allowing me the oppertunity to learn why one shouldn't do something. Thank you for just being there, laughing with me, or crying with me. *warm hugs*
. . .Ehh... no, not you Shelly.

No comments: