2003/11/17

Sparkle

. . .K, I've successfully shaken off that previous feeling of disorientation, as well as any feeling in my left leg. (I should sit more properly, huh.) So yah. Despite that nasty old man, I'm still pretty happy today. And I'm not sure why. It's not like today was extraordinary, nor was it out of the ordinary, but for some reason, I'm feeling pretty good.
. . .Part of it might have to deal with the fact that two people opened up to me. Well, not really, and not entirely, but they did in a sense, which made me feel good. Not in the sense that I'm rejoicing at their misfortune, but rather at the fact that they feel close enough or trust me enough to impart these feelings and experiences with me.
. . .And while I'm sure they feel it's nothing -- that these things are so insubstatial that it's no big deal talking about them, it does make a difference to me. Especially when I have the emotional age of a child. Haha.. yah, I admit it. Like I wrote in an earlier post, when you smile, I smile; when you scowl, I scowl. When I'm ignored, I'm sad; when people talk to me, I'm happy. Unless they're talking about how bad I am in which case I'm back to being sad.
. . .Suddenly panicked about school again. I thought I had left the math world behind, but other factors (including the influence of my aunt and the need for physical food) have led me to reconsider my initial haste, and turned me 'round back to math. So, I'll graduate with an Honours BMath (which means I'll have to suffer through CS 133), and a BIS (which'll hopefully help me into UBC for ling.)
. . .Yeeesh. With all this school, I think it'd be healthier for me to get married before I finish getting my Doctorate... which at the earliest would be when I'm 27. (Assuming my work is brilliant enough for them to allow me to skip getting a Masters.) Though if I'm busy with research during the most crutial years of my child's life, I'm also afraid I'll end up a terrible father... *sighs* Well, it's not like I can plan on when I'm going to meet that special someone anyways. It's just a scary thought -- fathering someone at the age of 27 or older.

No comments: