2003/11/02

Taste

. . .Taste the rainbow. Or, buy some skittles. I prefer the latter; more sugar.
. . .This weekend was a colossal waste of time. Ended up clocking more hours in front of the TV than in my book... which would have been SO much more productive. Ah well. Reading shall yet be done!
. . .Speaking of reading... I shouldn't be here blogging... ^^;
. . .Ahaha!! Found a really funny quote by Don Hirschberg, "Calling atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair colour". Also finally found that hilarious quote I loved. It's by James D. Nicholl, "The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
. . .Recent conversation suddenly inspired me to rant a bit about communication. In previous entries, I've stressed the importance of fluency of English for sake of seamless communication. But as my fiercely contrasting conversation partner as pointed out, such tacit fluency in English can also come across as pretentiousness for the more practical English conversationalists.
. . .As I've said many a time, I'm a dying breed. Those who share my form of speech and ideas are dead or dying or all too few. The world is always changing, and perhaps I should take a step back and allow the new generation to thrive.

No comments: